Don’t Use Plagiarized Sources. Get Your Perfect Paper Today! Click Here To Order.
I’m working on a Computer Science exercise and need support to help me understand better.
The main part of this homework assignment is focused around reinforcing the cryptography topics covered in class this week.
After you’ve complete the main assignment, please make sure that you have created a personal Azure account. We have provided a document with step-by-step deliverables. You will also be asked to submit a screenshot of your Azure account as part of this homework.
Lastly, we’ve included a reminder about Career Services and completing milestones. Make sure to complete your milestone to become employer competitive.
Cryptography Homework: Ransomware Riddles
In this homework assignment, you will play the role of a cybersecurity analyst at Nakatomi Hospital.
- Unfortunately, one of the hospital’s doctors opened up an email containing ransomware.
- This ransomware spread throughout the hospital and encrypted all of the Patient Records.
- The ransomware has given you two options to decrypt and retrieve the patient records: Either pay 100 bitcoins or solve six riddles.
- Since you refuse to pay off any ransom, you’ll have to solve six cryptographic riddles. Act fast: the doctors need to access the patient records as lives are at stake!
Additionally, a Career Service Milestone is located at the end of this file. Complete it to learn how to become more Employer Ready.
Topics Covered in Your Assignments
- Caesar Cipher
- Encoding and Decoding
- Symmetric and Asymmetric Encryption
- Open SSL
- Public/Private Keys
- Key Distribution
- Hashing Algorithms
The entire homework assignment can be completed on a publicly available website linked below. If for any reason, the website has issues or is unavailable, an offline copy has also been provided.
- Website: https://sites.google.com/view/cryptobreakout/
- Offline Copy: Crypto_Homework
- If you complete the offline version, you will simply need to submit your answers to the instructor.
In order to solve each riddle, you will need to apply cryptographic concepts covered in the past three lessons. concepts will need to be applied.
- Once the riddle has been solved, submit your answer on the bottom of each Riddle Page.
- If you are correct, you will receive a key. Save this key in your notes.
- Once you have collected all six keys, select the Ransomware Decrypted header on the website and enter all your keys.
- If all the six keys are correct, the ransomware will be removed and the data will be decrypted.
- You will need to submit a screenshot as proof that the ransomware has been decrypted.
Good luck and act fast as the Nakatomi Patients are counting on you!
Azure Account Set-Up
During the Cloud Security unit and your Project units, you will be using your own personal Azure account. You will not be using the Azure account that you have been using so far been in this class.
Please follow the instructions in this Individual Azure Accounts Set-Up Guide
You will need to submit a screenshot of your individual account page at portal.azure.com as proof that you’ve completed this portion of the homework.